Transporting Goods from Auction
Northern Exchange Auctions Transport Service
The Northern Exchange Auctions Transport Service arranges delivery of equipment purchased at our auctions throughout the world in a reliable, efficient manner with competitive rates.
We have a substantial network of transport partners with over 100 haulage companies and shipping agencies in our database, increasing competiveness and achieving the best available rates. We can advise and assist you from purchase through to delivery and we offer an after sales service to deal with any queries.
Please contact us with your enquiry.
- What is the Northern Exchange Auctions Transport Service?
- It is our in-house department designed to support all buyers with transporting their newly acquired equipment. We have access to a large network of shipping and transport companies, therefore providing a prompt service with competitive rates. We can assist with all your transport needs, utilising close links with transport companies. Whatever the equipment and wherever its destination we will endeavour to meet your transport requirements, ensuring your equipment arrives safely and on time.
- Who do I contact?
- Contact our Transport Service at our site office in Berwick upon Tweed tel: +44(0)1289 309747 or via email at email@example.com
- Can you provide transport quotes before the auction?
- Not a problem! Please contact our Transport Service at least 5 days in advance of the auction to enable us to provide the most competitive quote.
- Can you assist with loading?
- Yes. We request all buyers advise of us when collection of Goods is arranged, and whether you require assistance to load. We can provide staff to assist with loading and the use of loading ramps, by prior arrangement. If you have containers which require loading, we can assist with this also by prior arrangement.
- What if my equipment needs dismantled for transporting?
- We can arrange inspection and advise on work needing carried out or any adjustments to equipment, (full costs will be calculated and agreed with customer before work will commence).
- Who do I pay for transport or assistance with repairs/dismantling of equipment?
- We prepare a quote (including rates agreed with you) before raising an invoice detailing the transport costs or other works needed, and providing our bank details. Once payment has been received as cleared funds, then delivery can go ahead.
- What if my machine will not start once it has been transported to a port?
- We can liaise with and arrange for a mechanic to inspect your machine and follow your instructions to repair the fault at the cost agreed with you.
- What if I don’t have a full load?
- Our Transport Service endeavour to arrange your transport with a company in our or your local area who can provide a competitive rate, if possible combining with another part load or a back load to ensure the cost is viable.
- Do you know of hauliers/shipping companies I can approach directly?
- Yes, we are happy to share relevant information from our database of over 100 haulage companies and shipping agencies. Please contact us for more information.
- I’m arranging my own transport. Can you provide dimensions and specifications of what I want to buy?
- We can measure any equipment or machine you request. Specifications can only be provided depending on what information the seller or consignor has provided to us and what our staff can view during a visual inspection.
- Can you arrange transport from an offsite Auction?
- Yes, we can assist you with arranging transport of goods from our off-site auctions. Again we look to achieve competitive rates by using our haulage partners, and where possible, those local to the auction site or your own premises. Please discuss with us if you would like us to arrange transport or assistance to load from an off-site auction.