Transporting Goods to Auction
Northern Exchange Auctions Transport Service
The Northern Exchange Auctions Transport Service arranges collection of goods and transportation to Auction sites in a reliable, efficient manner with competitive rates.
We have a substantial network of transport partners with over 100 haulage companies and shipping agencies in our database, increasing competiveness and achieving the best available rates. We can advise and assist you from your decision to sell through to delivery and we offer an after sales service to deal with any queries.
Please contact us with your enquiry.
- What is the Northern Exchange Auctions Transport Service?
- It is our in-house department designed to support sellers with transporting their equipment to the Auction. We have access to a large network of shipping and transport companies, therefore providing a prompt service with competitive rates. We can assist with all your transport needs, utilising close links with transport companies. Whatever the equipment we will endeavour to meet your transport requirements, ensuring your equipment arrives safely and on time at the Auction site.
- Who do I contact?
- Contact our Transport Service at our in Berwick upon Tweed site office; tel: +44(0)1289 309747 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can you provide transport quotes in advance?
- Not a problem! Please contact our Transport Service at least 14 days before the auction to enable us to provide the most competitive quote.
- Can you assist with loading/unloading of goods?
- Yes, we will endeavour to provide assistance with loading where needed. We can provide assistance to unload at our Berwick upon Tweed auction site. We request all sellers advise of us whether you require assistance to load / unload.
- What if my equipment needs dismantled for transporting?
- We can arrange inspection and advise on work needing carried out or any adjustments to equipment, (full costs will be calculated and agreed with customer before work will commence).
- Who do I pay for transport or assistance with repairs/dismantling of equipment?
- We prepare a quote (including rates agreed with you) before raising an invoice detailing the transport costs or other works needed. Once payment has been received in cleared funds, then collection of your goods can go ahead.
- What if my machine will not start once it has been brought to the Auction site?
- We can liaise with and arrange for a fitter to inspect your machine and follow your instructions to repair the fault at the cost agreed with you.
- What if I don’t have a full load?
- Our Transport Service endeavour to arrange your transport with a company in our or your local area who can provide a competitive rate, if possible combining with another part load or a back load to ensure the cost is viable.
- Do you know of hauliers/shipping companies I can approach directly?
- Yes, we can share relevant information from our database of over 100 haulage companies and shipping agencies. Please contact us for more information.